DESIGNED TO TREAT AND PROTECT:
- LIGAMENT INSTABILITIES
- MENISCUS INJURIES
- EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES
OFFERS MODERATE SUPPORT AND DESIGNED WITH YOUR COMFORT IN MIND
The DonJoy Deluxe Hinged Knee brace is equipped with bilateral hinges to provide a moderate level of support. This brace is ideal for athletes or active individuals who are suffering with ligament instabilities, meniscus injuries, sprains, or arthritis.
Available in both Neoprene and Drytex materials this brace is suitable for use in water. If it is submerged in salt water or chlorinated water it should be rinsed off afterwards with fresh water and allowed to air dry.
PRODUCT FEATURES…AND THE BENEFITS YOU’LL EXPERIENCE!
- MODERATE SUPPORT
- Hinges on both sides of the knee provide additional support than a traditional knee sleeve.
- Provides enough compression to the soft tissue of the knee to ensure maximum comfort.
- SLEEVE VS. WRAPAROUND
- Sleeves require you to remove your shoe and slide the brace over your foot. Fits more snugly and stays in place. Once it’s on it’s requires little adjustment. The negative of a sleeve is it doesn’t work well over pants. Wraparound braces are easier to apply especially for those with less hand strength and can be worn over thin pants. The velcro can be tightened or loosened for a more adjustable fit. Great for users who can’t bend over as well and have trouble getting a sleeve on or off. The negative of a wraparound brace is the velcro can loosen during activity requiring a quick tightening of the Velcro.
- OPEN VS. CLOSED POPLITEAL
- The popliteal describes the area in the back of the knee where your knee bends. When a knee brace has an opening the back we say it has an “Open Popliteal”. The benefits of an open popliteal knee brace is they tend to be more comfortable than other knee braces that are closed in the back. There is less pinching of the material when your knee is bent. They are also a bit cooler as more skin is exposed.
- NEOPRENE VS. DRYTEX
- Neoprene has a more compressive and warmth capability than Drytex. The Drytex material is an alternative to Neoprene and constructed of a unique nylon core and polyester Lycra fabric that allows for improved airflow. This fabric provides compression and support, yet allows for breathability. Ideal for patients who have allergies or irritations to Neoprene or live in warm weather climates.
- CONTOURED CONDYLE PADS
- Helps keep the brace secure on your knee and ensures maximum comfort to your condyle, the smooth surface area at the end of the bone, forming part of the joint.