Donjoy Velocity Ankle Support are used to treat or prevent the following injuries:
- Inversion Ankle Sprains
- Eversion Ankle Sprains
- Unnatural Rotation of the Ankle
|DonJoy Velocity LS (Light Support)||DonJoy Velocity ES (Extra Support)|
Sizing and Measurements
DonJoy Velocity Sizing Information:
Small – Men’s Shoe: 8 & under, Women’s Shoe: 9.5 & under
Medium – Men’s Shoe: 8-12, Women’s Shoe: 9.5-13.5
Large – Men’s Shoe: 12 & up, Women’s Shoe: 13.5 & up
DonJoy Velocity Calf Measuring Information:
Measure Calf Circumference 8″ From Ground
Standard Calf: 10″ and under
Wide Calf: 10″ and up
Instructions for Use…how to put on your DonJoy Velocity Ankle Brace.
|Step 1: Unfasten and loosen all straps. Place ankle in the brace and position at 90o.||Step 2: Wrap and secure calf liner.|
|Step 3: Insert calf ratchet strap end through opening on the opposite calf ratchet strap.||Step 4: Pull, wrap, and lock both calf ratchet straps snugly into place without impairing circulation.|
|Step 5: Align tongue with the center of the forefoot.||Step 6: Pull and wrap ankle strap(s) snugly into place without impairing circulation.|
How to use the heat moldable foot plate.
1. Remove inner liner and outer shell (ES version).
2. Apply heat evenly to the area of interest using a heat gun. Heat molding the foot plate should be performed by medical professionals only. Do not use an oven, boiling water, or any heat source other than a heat gun. Do not heat foot plate to more than 300F as melting may occur. Do not attempt to heat mold any component other than the foot plate. If heated, the rivets will readily burn bare skin.
3. Manually form desired changes with gloved hands prior to cooling. Do not attempt to form components against bare skin.
4. Reheat and continue forming as necessary.
5. The foot plate will retain heat after heat source is removed. Allow sufficient cooling time prior to making contact with bare skin.
|Size||Men’s Shoe Size||Women’s Shoe Size|
|Large||12 +||13.5 and +|
Calf Measuring Information– Measure calf circumference 8″ from ground.
|Calf Cuff||Calf Circumference|
|Standard||7.25” – 10”|
|Wide||10” – 12.5”|